 CAD / Development / 8080
Re: How do I write a header file for an updated part...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 21:50:41 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Tony Hafner writes:
...when the new version is redone from scratch?

In the past, I've done some minor reworking of files.  In these cases, I
simply added the date, my name, and a description of what I'd done to the
file.  But what about when I fire up Notepad and start with an empty file?
I'm working on a set of printed parts, when the originals were done with
bmp2dat and weren't worth trying to recycle.

Should I write the header as if I hadn't heard of the old part?
Should I do that and then add a line mentioning that there was a previous
version?
Should I copy the old header and add a line that says it was completely redone?
Should I let the PT admins figure it out when I mail it in?

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com

I've not discussed with Steve, but I'd go for option 2 - write a new header but
credit the previous author in a subsidiary comment. If the existing author is
still active, it would be polite to let them know what you're doing.

Please re-use the existing pattern (Pxx) codes.

Not sure which parts you're working on, but please consider the potential
benefits of subparting the non-decorated structure of the part, if its not been
done already and there are sufficient decorated versions to justify it.

Chris