 CAD / Development / 7972 (-20)
  Wedge Brick 2 x 4 parts?

I've been using the Wedge Plate 2 x 4 parts for some time now but has anyone made or is currently making the Wedge Brick 2 x 4 parts? I searched LUGNet and the PT but could not find them. If noone claims them, consider this post an intent to author. (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Has anyone made this part?

Well, I posted it here, but it was incorrectly oriented and needed a better part number for it. (URL) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Has anyone made this part?  [DAT]

Has anyone made the part I've modelled here as a mockup? If so, is it on the Parts Tracker? -Orion 0 Untitled 0 Name: Unknown.dat 0 Author: Orion Pobursky 0 Unofficial Model 1 16 0 0 -50 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 stud.dat 1 16 0 0 -70 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

(...) L3P supports conditional in-line POV primitives. You could use a low polygon count for tools like Ldraw and MLCAD, but have POV primitives for perfect objects in the ray-traced images. Here is an example of a torus: (URL) (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ldraw-mode.el external viewer suggestion

(...) Hmmm, I actually like this suggestion. That's where I tend to put ldraw related utilities when they don't come with source code. (22 years ago, 14-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Minifig Generator Plugin for LDDesignPad Version 1.2

(...) Actually, I just changed the order to be whatever the order is in the INI file -Orion (22 years ago, 14-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Minifig Generator Plugin for LDDesignPad Version 1.2

(...) Add an entry to the INI-file, where the sorting order can be set. Then everybody can set his/her own preferrable sorting order. Everybody happy! Niels (22 years ago, 14-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ldraw-mode.el external viewer suggestion

(...) Well, MANY programs suggest that they want to be a subdirectory of the LDraw installation directory (although perhaps yours doesn't... at least LDLite, LDAU and MLCad used to if they don't any more I dunno). That directory by default is (...) (22 years ago, 13-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ldraw-mode.el external viewer suggestion

(...) Fine, I'll use that. In the mean time, I advise you to put something like this in your .emacs file on your Windows system: (setq ldraw-viewer-path "C:/projects/ldglite/ldglite") This will override the default ldglite path. Fredrik (22 years ago, 13-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ldraw-mode.el external viewer suggestion

(...) No, I just keep source code I'm working with in a subdirectory off projects. There really isn't any default location for it on Windows because I don't provide an installer, just the executable (or source) in a zip file. I suppose the canonical (...) (22 years ago, 13-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Minifig Generator Plugin for LDDesignPad Version 1.2

(...) My preference is by name. :) --Ryan ryanjf@ifriendly.com (URL) (22 years ago, 13-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Minifig Generator Plugin for LDDesignPad Version 1.2

(...) I know this, I just keep forgetting to add it to the ReadMe. (...) Good catch, thanks. (...) Then maybe I should remove it from the list of hats that accept accesories until someone makes the old style castle visor (...) This is what I wanted (...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Minifig Generator Plugin for LDDesignPad Version 1.2

(...) Thanks Orion, (...) Another reasonable (but hidden) requirement is having unofficial minifig x981, x982 and x983 parts in Ldraw directory. (...) The more important issue with hat accessories is that they do not take neckwear into account. (...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ldraw-mode.el external viewer suggestion

(...) I prefer so as well. I usually catch discussions about LDraw-mode on LUGNET, and am able to comment on it. But let me say that I value all comments about LDraw-mode greatly, both by mail and by news. Fredrik (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ldraw-mode.el external viewer suggestion

(...) I'm happy to hear that. I have to admit that I never expected LDraw-mode to become so widely used. I thought that die hard Emacs fans would use it exclusively. On the other hand, though, I have documented the bendable curve generator (...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ldraw-mode.el external viewer suggestion

(...) Good idea! Thanks, I have incorporated your code in LDraw-mode now. I added the ability to change the default parameters passed to the viewer, in case anybody wants to do that. I have considered adding this funcion myself, but I never saw the (...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ldraw-mode.el external viewer suggestion

(...) Actually I prefer to keep the discussions here if possible. That way anything that comes out of it is publicly available. Anyhow, I modeled my suggestion after some code I saw in browseurl.el. I don't have it in front of me right now, but I (...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ldraw-mode.el external viewer suggestion

Don, That really sounds like a great idea. Have you sent Frederick an email about it? He's really on the ball on this sort of thing and always very quick to return an answer. I think that ldraw-mode is the best program for working with bendable (...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

Philo, I like your idea of multiple resolutions. It could save a lot of space. I think I that I don't have a minimal solution to the number of segments used. Some fine tuning might make a big difference in file space consumed. The stuff that is out (...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  ldraw-mode.el external viewer suggestion

I was comparing the various hoser programs last night when I realized there's no command to launch an external ldraw viewer program from within the emacs ldraw-mode. Yeah, you can launch one from an icon or another window, but sometimes it's nice to (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact