 CAD / Development / 7961
Re: Minifig Generator Plugin for LDDesignPad Version 1.2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 22:29:05 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Damien Guichard writes:
Another reasonable (but hidden) requirement is having unofficial minifig
x981, x982 and x983 parts in Ldraw directory.

I know this, I just keep forgetting to add it to the ReadMe.

The more important issue with hat accessories is that they do not take
neckwear into account. Really annoying.

Good catch, thanks.

There is no issue with 193.dat helmet. The 2447.dat visor does not assemble
with actual 193.dat helmet. The old castle visor that assembles with 193.dat
can only be found in lego sets 6075 and 6083. This year 1979 part is not
present in current LDraw library. May sounds strange to you but 193.dat has
no town/space visor. Even more strange: 193b.dat has no visor at all as its
reinforced bar prevents a complete closed castle visor. In fact, the
introduction of a reinforced bar has been possible because of a new knight
helmet and hence abandon of the old castle visor (in year 1984).

Then maybe I should remove it from the list of hats that accept accesories
until someone makes the old style castle visor

May be having a popup color palette like in minifig wizard of LeoCAD would
be better. If non alpha-sorted textual colors then may be MiniPart.ini is
the canonical way to select custom order.

This is what I wanted to do from the start, I just can't figure out how to
do it with the existing Delphi form elements.  I also want to implement
manual entry of the color number.

As far a sorting goes, what's perferrable, sorting by name or number?

-Ori