 CAD / Development / 7652
Re: Detemining Polygon Winding (Was: New Plugin for LDDesignPad)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 14:56:02 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Orion Pobursky wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss writes:
Also, once you know the direction for one (or more) polygons, any polygons
that share an edge can have their direction determined.  If polygon #1 has
wrapping ABCD, and polygon #2 has vertices ABEF, then polygon #2's wrapping
will involve a B->A transition.

Or I could say that the first polygon in a part must be wound correctly and
then proceed from there.

Correcting the winding shouldn't be too bad -- if the L3 code is
available (ie, look in the ldglite source code) -- check how Lars
detects bad winding, and how he figured the (more) correct winding.

Steve