 CAD / Development / 7517 (-20)
  Re: Minifig torsos - rename suggestions

(...) That's fine. I only suggested it since space currently crosses three pattern codes (5x, 6x, and 9x) while there's only about a dozen torsos done so far. (22 years ago, 30-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Description of MLCad extensions available now

Hi, i've found some more commands in MLCad which I introduced totaly new, ... but long time ago. So there is this ROTATION command, which was used at the early days of MLCad instead of ROTSTEP. Later I learned that this conflicts with LD-Lite. So I (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Moving around in a CAD model.

(...) In most FPS games these days (as far as I know), the mouse rotates the head up, down, left and right, and the keyboard is used to walk forward, backwards, left and right (left and right walking is generally called strafing). Most also have an (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Moving around in a CAD model.

(...) Does the LD4DModeler work on a Mac or linux box? Part of my agenda is to make something not tied to a specific platform, and I like to make the source available so anyone can play with it. (...) Hmmm, I never thought of ldglite as an animation (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Moving around in a CAD model.

To generate dat files with camera 'stuff' and feed them to L3P, you can use my LD4DModeler application. Have to fix the lights though or the inside will be dark I gess rendering in povray. Are you an developer of ldglite? Could not tell from the (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Moving around in a CAD model.

This is something I've wanted to do for a while and finally got around to it again. The current version of ldglite can be used as a cheesy scene modeler for making nice POV shots by calculating the camera stuff for l3p. The trouble is getting the (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Renaming of Space Laser-Gun with Side Sight

(...) The only reason I brought up the subject is that a Hold has been placed on the part fix due to the name. My Certify vote still stands and will remain so. -Orion (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Description of MLCad extensions available now

(...) That, and the fact that MLCAD adds two 0 ROTATION statements to the header of every model file it edits. (...) Actually, only commented-out versions of the ROTATION meta-statement have appeared in parts (ie, '0 0 ROTATION'). The submit process (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Description of MLCad extensions available now

(...) Perhaps the use of the "ROTATION CENTER" meta statement in the parts library can be changed into a different, non-licensed format? The word "CENTER" breaks the standing LDraw tradition of using British English terms anyway. In my opinion it (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Description of MLCad extensions available now

(...) Uh Oh, we need some *unlicensed* documentation on this meta command. It's already used in some official parts. If I have to get permission in writing to use all the features of the official parts (or be liable for unspecified damages) I'm (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Minifig torsos - rename suggestions

(...) Rock Raiders will be allocated a set of codes in the Ax range, along with Adventurers, Aquazone, and Alpha Team. Unless we run out of Ax codes before we get there. ;) Steve (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Renaming of Space Laser-Gun with Side Sight

(...) Everything in the Space category (ie, all parts whose titles start with Space) needs to be renamed. Let's leave it until the admins have time to take it all on at once, all right? Steve (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Minifig torsos - rename suggestions

(...) I'd rather not move 973p90, as this is one of the few pattern codes where we were systematic about using the same code across all parts with that logo. 973pxx will be moved - this was just a "holding code". Chris (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Minifig torsos - rename suggestions

(...) Do we want to use a letter just for RR??? that's a dead subtheme, right? Presumably no new torsos are coming. (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Minifig torsos - rename suggestions

Sounds good. You might also want to move 973p90 (Classic Space Pattern) to the other space patterns, and do something with the 973pxx part. Maybe assign Rx or Ux (for Underground) for Rock Raiders. Andy (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Unnoficial Parts (Tiles with Edge)

(...) have (...) a (...) for (...) filename. (...) was (...) I am not aware of this part existing without the grooves, so I think the introduction of 2431b was a mistake. I think ....a and ....b numbers should only be used where two versions of the (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Minifig torsos - rename suggestions

Resulting from the extension of pattern codes to include alpha-characters, we have the opportunity to rename some of the existing codes to improve the categorisation. Some of these suggestions affect already official parts so will have the effect of (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: *** LDrawDesignPad LDDP 1.0 released ***

Hey! Ok..that was a small bug. I fixed that in the actual version but didnt change the version number. Please re-download if you want this bug to be removed. Play well Carsten "Orion Pobursky" <bilthefish@IHATESPAMyahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Polygon Winding

Could someone point me to a routine the determines polygon winding? My CG textbook dosen't mention it and I need to know how for a plugin project of mine. -Orion (22 years ago, 27-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Renaming of Space Laser-Gun with Side Sight

I think this should just be Minifig Laser Gun with Side Sight and we'll add Space to the KEYWORDS -Orion (22 years ago, 27-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact