 CAD / Development / 7502
Re: Unnoficial Parts (Tiles with Edge)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 28 Jul 2002 15:50:17 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Thomas Garrison writes:
In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.cad, Jeff Boen wrote:

I believe that the 1x1, 1x2 and 2x2 tiles exist without the groove, but • have
never come across other sizes in this state.

I agree. I actually have some 1x2's without the groove (especially ones with • a
"grille" top) but have never seen the longer 1x without a groove. I figure • for
the ones that came in both flavors we keep the current files and give the
grooved version an appended name (i.e. XXXXXa.dat). For those that we think
only came with the groove, the updated versions take on the XXXX.dat • filename.

I'm doing some checking, to try and make sure we've got the right numbers,
and that we know which parts came in the older flavor.

How's this coming along?  Partsref still lists Tile 1 x 4 (without groove); • was
this piece discovered to exist?

It would also be nice if the grooveless parts could have "a" appended to their
numbers, and "without Groove" appended to their names (as is the case with the
grille tile).

(Yes, I looked in the Tracker, but I didn't see these changes.)

TWS Garrison

I am not aware of this part existing without the grooves, so I think the
introduction of 2431b was a mistake. I think ....a and ....b numbers should
only be used where two versions of the same part do exist

I think the following actions need to be taken to clean up

Rename 2431b to 2431 (overwriting existing and leaving ~Moved to file)
Rename s\2431bs01 to s\2431s01
Rework 2431p02, 2431p11 (unofficial on PT), 2431p12, 2431p51 to use s\2431s01
Re-rename 2431bp51 to 2431p51 (leaving ~Moved to file)
Re-rename 2431bp79 to 2431p79 (leaving ~Moved to file)

Comments ?

Chris