 CAD / Development / 7338
Re: Issue with some of the holds on the Parts Tracker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 23:09:04 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Orion Pobursky writes:
This post wasn't directed at you specifically, it's been brewing for some
time now.  Actually, the holds you put on today were more or less justified
but the hold I've seen in the past have sometime bordered on the ridiculous.

-Orion
(make it billthefish and remove the obvious lettering to reply personally)

Hi reviewers,

May be the post was also directed to me.
I plainly assume some of my votes to be honest but ridiculous or arbitrary.
In absence of a formal specification of what is a good part, voting is
arbitrary in essence.
In presence of such a formal specification voting would be an automated process.
Having more tolerant and more discriminative reviewers is just diversity,
the condition of a voting system.
Such "ridiculous" votes are harless when correction is easy.
The Part Tracker works well, quality parts ever find their way to
certification. And certified parts are of good quality.
That's the final criterion according to me.

Of course, none of my votes is abuse or sanction. I can cancel any of them
on demand, just give motivation.

Thanks for reviewing and authoring,

Damien

PS: I have posted a comment on your part 2618 about the missing edge on the
hull. But, because comments are rather effectless, the part has finally been
included as is in update 2002-03. Sorry, I will "hold" next time. Please
e-mail if complaints.