 CAD / Development / 6846
Re: BrickDraw3D development announcement
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 23:07:19 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Erik Olson writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Matthew Gerber writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Erik Olson writes:
I've abandoned BrickDraw3D on Mac OS X. I am going back to the Mac OS 9
codebase to finish support for OpenGL in the core. The OS X version was
going nowhere - CodeWarrior, Carbon, and QD3D was a stew of bugs on OS X.
It's possible that I will pick up OS X again at some point, but the next
couple releases of BrickDraw3D will be for Mac OS 9 and OpenGL. Ironically,
I'm back to using the same hardware I started it on.

Works for me!

Have any of the advances James has made in the last few weeks led you to
your decision?

No, I just am fed up with OS X, that's all. I'd rather crash Mac OS 9 than
lock up the debugger on OS X. It's a personal preference.

P.S. It was spider poop.

P.P.S. Does anybody know why glBegin(GL_LINES) would return
GL_INVALID_OPERATION other than because some earlier glBegin is still
outstanding?

Four cases that come to mind
1. as you say existing begin
2. command other than vert,color,index,norm,texCo,evalCo,evalPo,
   arrayEl,material,edge,callList(s) & Some '_EXT's if storable
   in begin end. Keep anything else after or before as needed.
3. Some of the above may cause error after end and then die. grrr!
4. depth of lists blow out, not supposed to but some drivers
   must use display list as begin end holders or suchlike. Blech!!!!

Checked my 1.2 ref and it says much the same.

Best
DaveG