 CAD / Development / 676
    MPD format —Jeff Boen
   who is governing the specs on the MPD format??? i'm thinking of writing a quick little MPD merger/splitter VB app... (seems whacky that we don't have one already)... and i just need to know the spec on what MPD's entail... all i can really see is (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: MPD format —Paul Gyugyi
     That is all there is to it. "0 FILE name.dat" starts a subfile. The subfile ends when end-of-file or another "0 FILE name.dat" line is reached. By convention, tools like L3P and LDLite, when given an mpd file, will render the first subfile. The (...) (25 years ago, 14-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

         (canceled) —John Bauman

         Re: MPD format —Jeff Boen
     (...) at the risk of invoking some unnecessary animosity.. i feel the overwhelming need to ask that you NEVER.. *EVER* make a comment like that again.. i refer specifically to the "might as well scrap that and the ldraw junk" portion... i don't know (...) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

         Re: MPD format —John Bauman
     Ooopppps, I guess that's where a winking smiley would come across better. Ledit and ldraw are pretty good, I do prefer ldlite and ldao modeler, though. Easier to use special views and maneuver in. I just like a windows interface better, though I (...) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

         Re: MPD format —Jeff Boen
      (...) i understand... and i too prefer the win apps... that's why i'm writing some of them for the community... and i believe wholeheartedly that we should abandon the original LDraw and LEdit completely at some point, once the proper replacements (...) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

         Re: MPD format —Terry Keller
     (...) While I appreciate the LDAO modeler, I find it awkward to use. It is a good effort at making an ad-hoc modelling tool, but leaves a lot to be desired. So I use it only occasionally. For large models, I prefer LEdit, imperfect as it is. -- (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: MPD format —Jacob Sparre Andersen
     (...) Wouldn't it be enough to put a call to my MPD builder [1] on the menu in LDAO? Steve, will you do that in the next release of LDAO? Feel free to include the MPD builder in your distribution. Play well, Jacob [1] <URL:(URL) ---...--- -- E-mail: (...) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: MPD format —Steve Bliss
   (...) Don't forget that in an MPD, anything before the first 0 FILE should be ignored (on the assumption it's notes from the author, and e-mail message, or something similar). Steve (25 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)