 CAD / Development / 6737 (-10)
  Re: 1.9 Source now available

(...) Thanks for continuing LDView. LDView is the best LDraw viewer. Damien (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDGLite orientation matrix (l3p enhancement requests?)

(...) Well yes, I once compared the orthographic projection to a perspective projection seen from an infinite distance. I suppose this would give you an infinitely small camera angle. But you're missing the point. I'm trying to position ldglite as a (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.ray)

  1.9 Source now available

The LDView 1.9 source code is now available from the following location: (URL) is also a link on the main LDView web page to the above page.) Note that it's a little more difficult to build now, because you have to first download and build the (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDGLite orientation matrix (l3p enhancement requests?)

Don Heyse wrote... (...) See examples in (URL) POV's orthographic keyword in the camera definition would require another way of calculating the optimum camera position. I think one of the great features about L3P is that you always get a good view (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: The LDraw Community is what each person makes it

Robin Sayce-Jones wrote... (...) That's what I call an understatement! (...) Aint that true... /Lars (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Can LDGLite print the current orientation matrix? (feature request)

Don Heyse wrote... (...) If STEREO is zero (the default), then there's no rotation, and it's the same as location <cx,cy,cz> +PCT/100.0*<dx,dy,dz> (...) No, *I* seem to have missed something... It takes four numbers to determine a vector in space, (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: 3D Viewing on PC

There are a number of ways to do it. Probably the best way (for a reasonable cost) would be to pick up a pair of consumer 3D shutter glasses, which can be had for under $100. If you happen to own an nVidia-based video card, you can download their (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  3D Viewing on PC

What do you guys know about viewing information in 3D on your screen? In LDView it shows the option for cross-eyed and parallel. What kind of different ways are there available to view this stuff on home pc? Are there special software platforms (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: How do we handle stickers in Ldraw?

"Imre Papp" <ipapp@geometria.hu> wrote in message news:Gq0y7v.G6q@lugnet.com... (...) eat (...) that (...) Well, the default seam width (in both L3P and LDView) is 0.5 LDU. So, this would chop the sticker thickness in half. No idea whether this is (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDGLite colour bug

In lugnet.cad.dev, Travis Cobbs writes: ... (...) Yes, I think that would work. Perhaps Jacob could install Mesa 4.1 on one of his (apparently) many machines and try this? I would, but I don't have the hardware available, and after all, he did start (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact