 CAD / Development / 6524
Re: LDraw and LEdit source code?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 14:02:18 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes:
Mark:

Is the source code for either LDraw or LEdit available?

No. :-(

It would be nice if somebody updated them to be able to
view .MPD files or made it so LEdit could handle type 5
lines.

I think LDGLite is fully LEdit compatible by now (and works
on Linux/Alpha systems), so it is probably worthwhile to
look into adding the (if any) missing features to LDGLite.

I don't know if LDGLite is distributed in a DOS version, but
now that it works on several (well, two) flavours of Linux
as well as on MS Windows, it is likely to be fairly easy to
make it work on DOS as well.

Whoah!  DOS version?  Where did that come from?  I think I asked
about that once upon a time but there wasn't much interest.

  http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=5013

The problem with a DOS version is finding decent opengl and glut
support.  I went as far as tracking down a possible candidate,
(see link above) but didn't do anything with it.  If someone was
really interested, I might be convinced to work on it.  Also, the
code is all there if anyone else gets motivated.

As for the LEDIT compatibility, I'd love to get some feedback on
it.  I was under the impression I was the only one using that
particular feature of ldglite.  I know of a few issues when editing
lines containing primitives in parts files, but I haven't gotten
around to fixing them yet due to the apparent lack of interest.

I have to do a new release sometime to include the 64bit linux/alpha
patch, so speak up now if there's something you want in there.

Have fun,

Don