 CAD / Development / 6370
Re: BFC revisited
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 19 Aug 2001 01:37:39 GMT

Gary Williams wrote...
I'm looking for a model file that utilizes BFC-certified parts to test
backface culling in the CAD application I'm developing.

Unfortunately, as near as I can tell, only 13 part files have a BFC-related
comment, and on top of that, they're not consistently formatted:

30134   (0 BFC CERTIFY CW)
30156   (0 BFC NOCERTIFY)
30183   (0 BFC CERTIFY CW)
4107073 (0 CERTIFY BFC CW)
4107488 (0 CERTIFY BFC CW)
4107539 (0 CERTIFY BFC CW)
4150p01 (0 BFC CERTIFY CW)
4523    (0 BFC NOCERTIFY)
553     (0 BFC CERTIFY CW)
73593   (0 CERTIFY BFC CW)
9044    (0 CERTIFY BFC CW)
9567    (0 CERTIFY BFC CW)
553s01  (0 BFC CERTIFY CW)

Steve, please note that Gary pointed out that some parts are badly formatted...
"l3p -check" doesn't complain, as "0 CERTIFY BFC CW" is a perfectly legal comment :-)
I don't think l3p easily can be made to check this,
"0 This part uses BFC" should not give a warning.
Checking only comments with solely BFC keywords would not catch
"0 CERTIFY BFC CV"
/Lars