 CAD / Development / 6327 (-10)
  Re: terrain in LDraw

I don't understand the command line. I have a PGM. I typed "pgmtoldr filename.pgm" at the command prompt, and received a bunch of errors. No DAT file. :( Do I need a bunch of Linux stuff to run it? Mike (...) (23 years ago, 14-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: terrain in LDraw

Oh, I didn't know you'd made a DAT file out of that yet. I just visited your site and was looking at that model. Very nice! Would you consider contributing your model to my new village I'm building? I'm trying to make it a screen north of Datsville. (...) (23 years ago, 14-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.build.arch)

  RE: terrain in LDraw

(...) 1 pixel = 1 stud. I used Jacob's utility to create the terrain for the CAD scenes I did of Fallingwater: (URL) make the scene, I colored in a topographical map of the landscape with white as high and black as low. I saved it as a low quality (...) (23 years ago, 14-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: terrain in LDraw

I was wondering if you knew the pixel/stud ratio offhand. This bit of information might be useful for future reference. Thx, Mike (...) (23 years ago, 14-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: terrain in LDraw

(...) No. I mean a screenshot of a finished product. What's the terrain data look like after you've run your app and loaded the DAT file into LDraw/MLCad/etc(choose one)? Thank you. Mike (23 years ago, 13-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New Construction Toy In LDraw Format!

(...) Probably. I re-uploaded it in binary mode now, so it should work... (...) Nasty links to local files... Try it now. Thanks, --Ryan (23 years ago, 13-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Re: Need info help

BTW - every time I try to cross-post, I must be doing something wrong cause it doesn't go through. Where's the FAQ's on this? Darn it all, someone else DID model the round shield. And here I thought it be a good first project for me (besides just (...) (23 years ago, 13-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.castle)

  Re: LDGLite bug report (yes, one more)

(...) This could be the ldlite large MPD bug again. The ldlite parser has a problem with MPD files if it runs out of cache. I increased the size for ldglite, but it may not be enough for Datsville. You could try increasing it some more and (...) (23 years ago, 13-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  RE: Perspective in LDGLite (Was: About the great datsville)

(...) POV-Ray uses "up" and "right" to determine the aspect ratio of the viewing window (which results in non-square pixels if the the camera ratio and the render ratio don't match. I believe the use of either "angle" or "direction" is important in (...) (23 years ago, 13-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDGLite bug report (yes, one more)

Don: If you try to render Datsville in perspective: ldglite -j -s0.1 town.mpd you will notice some very strange blue lines going from the centre of the window to the blue castle out in the left-side background. They shouldn't be there, and I am (...) (23 years ago, 13-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact