 CAD / Development / 6228
Re: LDLite 2.2 Released
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 17:51:05 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Paul Gyugyi writes:
LDLite is now hosted on sourceforge.net, and can be downloaded
from http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/ldlite/

The full source tree is browsable, and you can leave feature
requests and bug reports.

Better yet, grab the whole source tree at once.  If you have CVS, you can
use a batch file (or script) like this.

@echo PRESS Enter when asked for a password.
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.ldlite.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/ldlite login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.ldlite.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/ldlite
checkout Cvs_ldlite_smith

You can now create a file ldliterc.dat in the working
directory, and ldlite will read that and act as if those
lines were at the beginning of any .dat file you open.
You can use this to override color definitions, etc.

Cool!  I like this idea.  I'll have to port it to ldglite.

How about looking in the working directory first, then in the LDRAW
directory?  MLCAD also looks in the working directory for config type
files, but I really think the LDRAW directory is a more natural place
for this stuff.  Especially on Windows, which is typically a single user
system.  On a unix system I'd say search the current directory,
the HOME directory, the directory of the executable, followed by the
the LDRAW directory.

ps. I should mention that if you like LDLite, you should look carefully
at ldglite (also hosted at sourceforge).  It started from the old LDLite
code base, and has _many_ enhancements.  I'll slowly be folding some of
those into LDLite to play catch-up.

Once upon a time I'd hoped to merge all the ldglite source back into the
ldlite source tree and unfork it into one project, with perhaps a few
target executables.  This way I could relinquish my status as a maintainer
and become a mere contributor.  Is this still possible?  The current ldglite
sources are almost completely separated by #ifdef USE_OPENGLs from the
ldlite 1.6 sources.  I say "almost" because I think I was a bit sloppy when
I started.

Don