 CAD / Development / 6233
Re: LDLite 2.2 Released
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 05:16:04 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Paul Gyugyi writes:
You can now create a file ldliterc.dat in the working
directory, and ldlite will read that and act as if those
lines were at the beginning of any .dat file you open.
You can use this to override color definitions, etc.

Cool!  I like this idea.  I'll have to port it to ldglite.

The full idea implementation would have both a before and an after
file, so you could surround the file with a transform of some sort.

How about looking in the working directory first, then in the LDRAW
directory?

Yeah, it should search the whole LDRAW path and include all the files
it finds.  Also, now we need a way to set command line options from
type-0 comments in your ldliterc.dat file...

Once upon a time I'd hoped to merge all the ldglite source back into the
ldlite source tree and unfork it into one project, with perhaps a few
target executables.  This way I could relinquish my status as a maintainer
and become a mere contributor.  Is this still possible?  The current ldglite
sources are almost completely separated by #ifdef USE_OPENGLs from the
ldlite 1.6 sources.  I say "almost" because I think I was a bit sloppy when
I started.

Don

Don, I've added you as a developer in the LDLite project.  Let me know if
you have enough permissions to upload changes in CVS.  It would be nice
to merge the two source code bases.

-gyug