 CAD / Development / 6229
6228  |  6230
Subject:
LDraw syntax check in Perl
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 20:06:08 GMT

Hey all:

I've written a Perl script/program to check a file for LDraw'ish syntax.
I'd like to get feedback on it, as I'm an absolute beginner with Perl.

The main purpose of the script is to check files being submitted to the
Parts Tracker.  So it's not all that thorough, sticking to basic syntax issues.

The program as written has two subroutines, check_ldraw_file and
short_check_ldraw_file.  The main program accepts one filename on the
commandline, executes both subs and displays the results.

I'm really interested in bugs, weaknesses and bad limitations.  Bad
implementations are good to know about, too. :)

If you'd like to look at the program, download it and try it, it's at
<http://www.ldraw.org/library/syn_check.pl>.

Note that this is the source code file, not a webpage to run the program.
It's there only for purposes of downloading.  You need to put it on a system
that has Perl installed in order to execute it yourself.

Steve