 CAD / Development / 6214
  Re: Rotate, pitch, yaw, or roll?

Erik, you can test LeoCAD and see how it perform that. I like its way of rotating quite much and find it convenient. Selçuk (...) (23 years ago, 10-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Rotate, pitch, yaw, or roll?

What verbs are better for describing rotation about the standard axes? Rotate is usually understood as spinning about the vertical axis. There are aeronautical terms for the other two, pitch and yaw, and I can't remember which is which, so I'm using (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Rotate, pitch, yaw, or roll?

(...) Couldn't you just specify "rotate X axis" "rotate Y axis" rotate Z axis"? Something a'la most 3D apps, with an XYZ key visible in the model window would help with this (could be toggled on/off). Matt (23 years ago, 2-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Rotate, pitch, yaw, or roll?

(...) On the 'typical' aircraft: Pitch is the angle (from horizontal) along the of the centerline of the aircraft. Roll is the rotation around the centerline axis Yaw is the rotation of the centerline around the 'altitude' axis So your 'Rotate' (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Rotate, pitch, yaw, or roll?

Wow. LUGNET rocks. Actually, people like you, Garrett, make it rock. Can you also tell me the Perl package that implements pathname concatenate in a platform-independent way? (I'm a Perl Pounder too, by day.) I'm going to write the code to detect (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Rotate, pitch, yaw, or roll?

Sorry about the delay, I was 'on vacation' for the past couple of days. (...) Yes. Yes it does. (...) Only because I have a tendancy to jump on things - and being a bit on large side don't help either. :) Really though, thanks. (...) Concatenate? (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Rotate, pitch, yaw, or roll?

[ XFUT lugnet.off-topic.geek ] Erik: (...) I can't tell you for sure, but isn't it called "File::Spec"? (URL) "Alle telnet-dæmoner bør aflives" (23 years ago, 12-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek)