 CAD / Development / 6217
Re: Rotate, pitch, yaw, or roll?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 21:04:09 GMT

Wow. LUGNET rocks. Actually, people like you, Garrett, make it rock. Can you
also tell me the Perl package that implements pathname concatenate in a
platform-independent way? (I'm a Perl Pounder too, by day.)

I'm going to write the code to detect the longest axis that is not vertical,
and that will be the roll axis.

I'll implement 'rotate x' as well. With a preference for which set you want
assigned to the keyboard.

These will really be quite different, since, the roll axis is the same for
the one piece no matter how it is oriented!  The x,y,z rotates are in the
reference coordinate system. In that system, obviously, doing a 'rotate x'
changes the meaning of the next 'rotate z'.

This will be pretty cool--you'll be able to 'fly' a brick with the keyboard.
Maybe I should implement a 'thrust' key as well.... then 'shields' and
'hyperspace'....

Gotta make the T-Shirt before MacWorld!