 CAD / Development / 6140
6139  |  6141
Subject:
Shortcuts (was: Unofficial Update Progress)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2001 16:31:28 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, James J. wrote:

    I have in my possession several Complete Minifig Shortcuts, covering the
first six Space groups (back when all astronauts were created equal). They are
numbered as follows: 979 and 980 ...
p90.dat (Classic Space)
p52.dat (Blacktron I)
p65.dat (Futuron)
pSP0.dat (Space Police I)
p68.dat (M:Tron)
p51.dat (Blacktron II)

Instead of the pattern file naming style, use the shortcut/composite part naming
style - use a C instead of a P.  Also, since the torso is the central part of
the shortcut, use 973 as the base number.  Likewise, use the pattern number as
the shortcut number (just because we can in this case).  So you should have file
numbers like these:

973C51.DAT    Minifig Shortcut Blacktron II Astronaut
973C52.DAT    Minifig Shortcut Blacktron I Astronaut
973C65.DAT    Minifig Shortcut Futuron Astronaut
973C66.DAT    Minifig Shortcut Space Police I Astronaut
973C68.DAT    Minifig Shortcut MTron Astronaut
973C90.DAT    Minifig Shortcut Classic Space Astronaut

The Space Police I has the alphanumeric "SP0" since there are 2 torsoes/figures
used in Space Police II.

I'm not following the logic here.  I used 66 in my list above, since SP1 uses
the same pattern as Futuron, and Futuron is 65.

Steve