 CAD / Development / 6122
Re: Unofficial Update Progress
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2001 11:24:37 GMT

That would be a bit confusing, and if any beginners loaded the unofficial
parts (you just know it's going to happen!) they may not realise that you
have to edit the parts.lst file to remove the extra entry later. I can see
why Steve wants to keep it to one of each file - when the official update
comes out the unofficial parts will get overwritten, and there won't be any
extra parts kicking around that will have to be manually removed. Maybe the
duplicates should be offered on the site to download for those people who
want to compare the parts and offer suggestions in the parts review process.

I dont mean where there are 2 parts that are identical.
I mean that if 2 different authors have both used, say, x123.dat for 2 totally
different parts..
In that case, one of them will be renamed to something else anyway when it all
becomes official therefore it would be good to rename it now & make it available
:)