 CAD / Development / 5993
Re: Whats the difference between 6218 and 6259 ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 21:48:42 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Ray Sanders wrote:

I have a half cylinder 6218 in front of me. It looks exactly like the • partsref
image for 6259. Partsref does not have an entry for 6218. The parts list from
peeron.com identifies both as 'Cylinder 2 x 4 x 4'. Anyone know the • difference
between these ?

The one I have is in brown, and came from <set:6617> Tough Truck Rally.

Hmm, interesting.  My half-cylinders from the Star Wars Y-Wing are also
6218's.

I wonder if this is a situation where there are two different molds for
opaque and transparent pieces.  Does anyone have some transparent pieces to
check?  I can check tonight, if no one gets to it earlier.

Steve
I was able to lay my hands on 5 ClrDkBlue parts and all are marked 6259. And
the grey ones on my Y-wing are 6218. IIRC the UFO quarter saucers used
different mould numbers for the clear and opaque versions of the same part.
Maybe there is a different process/temperature/specification needed for clear
part moulds??

Chris