 CAD / Development / 5407
Re: LDraw CD-ROM Issues
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 23:57:40 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Tim Courtney writes:
"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message

It would be a nice to have, in my view. I do try to usually be
supportive of ideas, because nothing kills forward progress as much
as premature cold water.

Again, pardon my ignorance on the phrase 'cold water.'  What does it mean?

Shorthand for "throwing cold water on X" where X could be any number of
things... such as "ideas", "dogs in lust", etc. You often hear it as "I don't
want to throw cold water on your idea, but..." followed by some reason why the
speaker thinks it's not a good idea or why it can't be done, etc, in other
words the speaker IS throwing cold water to break things up, and DOES want to
throw a spanner in the works but is being polite, or so he thinks. (but not
really, IMHO)

Bad thing to do while you're in brainstorming phase... one of the first things
they teach you in facilitation class. But I digress.

If someone else wants to, I'd like to have
some sort of a hand in it - probably along the lines of continuity with the
official site, and graphic layout (because I like that kinda thing).

Well, that might be part of the issue. Who is going to take it on if they
think in the back of their mind that you're going to tell them they didn't lay
out the graphics right? Overstated but you get my point. If it's not yours,
let it go.

[1] And more often than not kicking butt at it :D

If you're winning, you're not learning, find better opponents. :-) My goal in
fusball is to lose consistently. Most of the time I fail, but when I succeed,
I am very happy because I am then playing very very good players and learning
new defense and offense.

++Lar