 CAD / Development / 5406
Re: LDraw CD-ROM Issues
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 23:34:03 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message

It would be a nice to have, in my view. I do try to usually be supportive • of
ideas, because nothing kills forward progress as much as premature cold
water.

Again, pardon my ignorance on the phrase 'cold water.'  What does it mean?

I'd say that it was a very ambitious and expensive project given your • level of
internal resources to commit to it, and if there wasn't a groundswell of
support for the project itself, or for your way of trying to get things • done,
(there is a distinction there) letting it drop for now might be the right
approach. If it is really a good thing to do an organization may • recoalesce at
some future point when the time is right.

As far as organization goes, I have pretty much all the emails saved, a CD
copy of a lot of software, and a Zip disk with my work on it (organizational
and HTML/images from scratch).  I was getting prepared to make another CD
and send it off to the next person, probably for cross-platform support.

After you said you were dropping it, I thought of replying, but what would • I
say? "Sorry to hear it?" Yes, I was, but that's null semantic content, • really.
I can't take anything else on so I doubt that any other comment would be • all
that useful.

Yeah.

That explains why I didn't say anything anyway, can't speak for anyone • else.
Not that I didn't care at all, just that there wasn't anything really to • say.
Hope that helps.

Of course it helps.  It was a bit of discouragement to me that 1) I had to
drop it, and 2) it seemed that no one cared that I had to drop it.

I might be able to pick it up sometime down the road, but then again, I
might not.  With other things I've said I'm doing, plus trying to balance
current LCAD stuff into that (which I intend on working on soon, again, been
busy), and my habit of playing pool [1] :-)  ...the CD is one of the things
that has to go.  Unfortunately, for more than a year, my own personal site
has suffered a hit from busy-ness, and lack of motivation on my part.  And I
won't deny that there has been a bit of overcommitment involved either -
yall know I'm enthusiastic :-)

Anyways, the CD is a Good Thing to have for LCAD and the AFOL community,
but, I can't do it right now.  If someone else wants to, I'd like to have
some sort of a hand in it - probably along the lines of continuity with the
official site, and graphic layout (because I like that kinda thing).

[1] And more often than not kicking butt at it :D

Thanks Lar...
--

Tim Courtney - tim@zacktron.com

ICQ: 23951114 - AIM: TimCourtne