 CAD / Development / 5051
5050  |  5052
Subject:
*** LDView v0.7 Released ***
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 08:12:47 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

You can now download LDView v0.7 from:

http://home.san.rr.com/tcobbs/LDView/
OR
http://www.csc.calpoly.edu/~tcobbs/LDView/

This version contains my inital attempt at fullscreen support.  It works on
my video card (nVidia TNT-based), but I do not own any other OpenGL-capable
video cards on which to test it.  If you are worried about having it
crash/lock your machine or mess up your desktop, I would advise against
trying the new fullscreen feature.  (I don't THINK it will crash or lock up
your computer, but it may strand you in fullscreen mode, although I
certainly hope not.)

I also added the ability to drag 'n' drop a DAT/MPD file onto the program
window in order to open it, as well as dropping one onto the program icon in
order to launch the program with that file.  In addition, I added
scroll-wheel support as an alternate way to zoom in/out.

Note that the fullscreen code is substantially different from the code which
was included in my fullscreen test program.  I would greatly appreciate it
if you would let me know if the fullscreen mode works for you, along with
what OS/video card combination you have.  I have directed replies to this
post to the lugnet.cad.dev group to avoid an inappropriate thread in the
lugnet.cad group.

Any other comments suggestions are also welcomed.

--Travis Cobbs (tcobbs@san.REMOVE.rr.com)
(Remove .REMOVE from address to send me e-mail.)