 CAD / Development / 4871
Re: Windows 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 16:49:27 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Rui Manuel Silva Martins writes:
You probably have a bad configuration on your Win95/98, possibly bad/slow/old
drivers, try to updated them.

The only advantage that you could have with NT is if you have more than one
CPU.  Since Win95/98 can't (don't now how to) use more than one CPU.

Ok.  I'm running a PII 400 with 256mb ram, 12gb HD.  I want 2000 cause of
networking stuff and forced login when I get to college as well.  NT doesn't
support USB, which I need, and it also doesn't support a couple of other
things (I forget which though, but did talk about it recently).

And Linux is far better of course ! ;)

If I wasn't so entrenched in Windows, or if I had a bigger HD to partition
out, I would try Linux.  But...right now I don't have the time to mess with a
new OS.

-Tim