 CAD / Development / 4863
Re: Windows 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 10:54:13 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Rui Manuel Silva Martins writes:
<SNIP>
But I personnaly wouldn't sugest someone to use W2000, if they weren't • already
using NT. Either NT or W2000 are big Memory and CPU Hogs.
So, if you want to keep your speed, just wait a little bit more and get • windows
Millenium, the sequel to Win98.

See ya
Rui Martins

That's somehow new for me, since at home (I'm using a PII 350 with 128MB-Ram)
programs like MLCad are definitly faster on NT than on 95 or 98. Sure the
display response and boot-time is shorter than on NT, but when it goes to
calculate things NT seems to be faster than anything else ... except Linux :-)
From friends I heared similar things.

Michael