 CAD / Development / 4808
Re: Partial list of parts for 2000-02 Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 8 Jul 2000 02:25:43 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss writes:

X59.DAT       Minifig Accessory Sword Large

I have a beef with this.

The NAME I gave this was "Castle Greatsword"
(not "Minifig Accessory Sword Large").

Now, if I understand correctly,
you want to eventually migrate all minifig accessories
*away* from the "Castle" (and "Pirate") CATEGORY.
That's fine.  In that case, I could accept
"Minifig Accessory Sword Greatsword",
but *not* "Minifig Accessory Sword Large".

The part defined is a *greatsword*,
and *not* a "sword-comma-large".

Thus, whenever you rename the original sword
to "Minifig Accessory Sword", you would have these:

  - Minifig Accessory Sword
  - Minifig Accessory Sword Cutlass
  - Minifig Accessory Sword Greatsword
  - Minifig Accessory Sword Katana

*Much* nicer, I think...

(And, yeah, while we are at it, I guess that
we would also need to partially rename
the "Castle Ninja Katana" and the "Pirate Cutlass"
that I sent in for this parts update. ;-)

Also, I checked inside the pommel of the actual part,
and found the number "71014" stamped inside,
so I assume that 71014 is LegoCo's actual part number
for this part.

2530.DAT      Minifig Sword Cutlass

Waitasecondhere.  :-/
I thought the naming scheme was gonna be
"Minifig Accessory Sword [subtype]"?...
Now I'm confused again...

2562.DAT      Minifig Musket Pistol
30132.DAT     Minifig Pistol Revolver

Again, I thought that the naming scheme you wanted was
"Minifig Accessory [type] [subtype, if needed]"?...

Thus:
2562.DAT      Minifig Accesory Musket Pistol
30132.DAT     Minifig Accesory Pistol Revolver

Help!

(Also, you didn't list the long musket...
"####.DAT   Minifig [Accesory?] Musket")

973P45.DAT    Minifig Torso with Studded Armor Pattern

Is this the FK "Silver Dots" / Futbol Goalie Torso Pattern?

Thanks,
Franklin