 CAD / Development / 4807
Re: New Parts Category: Cockpit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 18:52:54 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Jonathan Wilson writes:

basicly I see the cockpit catogory as a place for those parts that are
used as cockpits/canopies/etc (because I dont think that they are really
windscreens, a jet fighter glass thing is accually called a canopy for
example...)

Does anyone else see things the same way as Jonathan does?  It's not what I
had been thinking, but Cockpit could be defined to include both the base parts
and the canopy parts.  The only thing is this: Windscreen is a fairly cleanly-
defined group.  It might seem a bit odd to call a canopy part a windscreen,
but then who's to say that those pieces can't be used on cars?  If it's not
broken, why fix it?

And there are only 29 pieces in Windscreen, so it's not like it's crying to be
broken up.

So I'm not in favor of moving canopies to Cockpit, but I wouldn't be totally
opposed.  If other people are strong supporters, I might be swayed.

Steve