 CAD / Development / 4812
Re: Partial list of parts for 2000-02 Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 17:49:42 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Franklin W. Cain wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss writes:

X59.DAT       Minifig Accessory Sword Large

I have a beef with this.

Fair enough.  I did only completely change the name.

BTW, the word "Accessory" shouldn't be there.  It should just be

X59.DAT       Minifig Sword Large

The NAME I gave this was "Castle Greatsword"
(not "Minifig Accessory Sword Large").

Now, if I understand correctly,
you want to eventually migrate all minifig accessories
*away* from the "Castle" (and "Pirate") CATEGORY.

Not exactly, but that's a part of the big picture.  Basically, the
theme-based categories (Castle, Space and Town) need to go away.  They are
hard to use, they make it hard to find pieces.

That's fine.  In that case, I could accept
"Minifig Accessory Sword Greatsword",
but *not* "Minifig Accessory Sword Large".

I don't have all my references handy.  It's possible that the TLC official
name for this part is something along the lines of "large sword".  I tend
to go along with the official names, when possible.

The part defined is a *greatsword*,
and *not* a "sword-comma-large".

Sorta yes, sorta no.  It certainly has the form (cruciform) to be a
medieval great-sword, but it's only a one-hand grip.  A greatsword should
be a full two-hand item.  At least, that's how I understand the definition
of a great-sword.

Then again, any sword as long as this monster should have a two-hand grip.
Only Andre the Giant could wield this baby one-handed.  So we could just
say that it's a greatsword, and TLC really messed up on the grip.

Also, I checked inside the pommel of the actual part,
and found the number "71014" stamped inside,
so I assume that 71014 is LegoCo's actual part number
for this part.

Interesting.  I see it.  I'm not the final expert on numbering, but I take
this to mean that the generic (uncolored) number for this part is 71014.
Let me verify this.  I'll get back to you.

2530.DAT      Minifig Sword Cutlass

Waitasecondhere.  :-/
I thought the naming scheme was gonna be
"Minifig Accessory Sword [subtype]"?...
Now I'm confused again...

Nah, see above.  The 0 CATEGORY meta-statement will show "Minifig
Accessory", but not the title/descriptive name.

(Also, you didn't list the long musket...
"####.DAT   Minifig [Accesory?] Musket")

I've got a note that says I asked if you could reorient and renumber the
katana and the longarm musket.

973P45.DAT    Minifig Torso with Studded Armor Pattern

Is this the FK "Silver Dots" / Futbol Goalie Torso Pattern?

Yes.

Steve