 CAD / Development / 4486
Re: Performance Improvement
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 03:51:46 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Damien Duquennoy wrote:

Hi

Well, i think it's also possible to substitue some quads to the triangles. But i've made some tests with l3lab and there is no
differences on rendering time between the triangle version and quad version of my disc.

Does someone know how quads are drawing by rendering programs : as a real quad, or as two triangles ?

Depends on the program.  LDraw renders triangles by duplicating the
final point, and rendering it as a quad.  LDLite (I believe) splits
quads into triangles.

Steve