 CAD / Development / 433
  Re: Part Numbering Crisis in LDraw

(...) Is it not possible to say in the definition of 410etc., like: top half yellow, lower half yellow underneath. That way, the only information in the 410etc file is the color, and which constituents parts there are. Then if anything needs to (...) (25 years ago, 27-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Part Numbering Crisis in LDraw

(...) That's not much better, because a new part-file is still required whenever a new color is released. Steve "I should probably keep these responses in the outbox until after I've read all 60 incoming messages" Bliss (25 years ago, 1-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Part Numbering Crisis in LDraw

(...) Why's that such a big problem? I mean... it's not like a 20 byte part file, or 10000 of them, will take up a significant amount of space. Especially zipped, when you don't have to worry about cluster sizes. By the time there are so many (...) (25 years ago, 1-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Part Numbering Crisis in LDraw

(...) The big problem is someone has to notice the new color, and then someone has to make the change in the next part update. Why subject ourselves to this headache? (...) But we aren't zipped, and there are plenty of people with Win95/FAT16 hard (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)