 CAD / Development / 4284
Re: A discovery? and part 3475
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 14:36:44 GMT

Tore Eriksson <tore.eriksson@mbox325.swipnet.se> writes:

Not just 4-4edge - it takes all between 1/16 through 16/16 and 1/48
through 48/48.

Oops, sorry 'bout that.

This is what I have to do for example now as I struggle with the
horse's tail. Maybe your program will speed up that procedure, but
that calls to the need of removing the edge lines.

Wow, you're working with the horse?  You have my deepest respect!

I think that using one tool or another is mostly a matter of taste.  I
haven't written LDraw-mode to compete with anybody else's tool, but
because I like to work with Emacs.  Your program looks very useful,
and probably fits your way of working better.

The advantage with PIPE is that hopefully programs like L3P will
translate directly to conical POV primitives instead of facetted
surfaces from the pure LDraw code. I understand that this is
impossible with arbitrary connected curves.

So you're suggesting to add the PIPE META commands to the LDraw
format?  I'm probably not the correct person to decide such a
question.  We can see what other people say.

Fredrik