 CAD / Development / 3622
Re: Making Ldraw Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 06:32:49 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw "thomas burger" <tburger666@aol.com>
wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, John VanZwieten writes:
I started on a tutorial, but never finished it.  Notably absent is an
explanation of using primitives.  Here's what I had (Tim, feel free to use
parts or all of this on ldraw.org)

- snip -

This is all good reference for a tutorial, but IMHO we should all get together
for a tutorial based upon all our expiriance with creating parts. From there a
tutorial can be written?
This is an idea but it will take longer for that section of reference to be
put up. Any suggestions?

T Burger

That sounds like a good plan.  There are several resources regarding
parts creation, including the post from John and a post earlier last
week from Chris Dee.  Also, you submitted to me your parts creation
tutorial.

If someone would like to work on organizing the effort and combining
these resources in a clear, understandable manner that would be great
[1].  I'll post the rest of the material we're working with to the
ldraw.org working URL [2]:

http://www.ldraw.org/dev/

This URL is for Development purposes ONLY and should NEVER be used as
a reference to an official site sponsored resource.  Incomplete stuff
goes here and is reviewed/edited, and it only becomes official when
its integrated into the main part of the site.

[1] John? Steve? Chris? :)

[2] Steve, Jacob, & Terry feel free to post to/modify this page with
new info if necessary.

-Tim

http://www.zacktron.com
http://www.ldraw.org