 CAD / Development / 3114
Re: Next MLCad Release
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 20:54:01 GMT

Sproaticus wrote:

These would be great additions.  It also needs (please please :-)...

- Put the little "current part" crosshairs over the piece's rotation center
instead of the geometric center.

Er, how about make this an option...
The crosshairs on the rotation center, the geometric center, or no crosshairs at
all.  I find the crosshairs to be cumbersome most times, especially with small
parts like a 1x1 plate or tile.

On the subject of useful things to add...
It would be nice if there were subfolders in the favorites list.  You could store
your favorite bricks in one, plates in another, slopes, doors/windows, tiles,
arches and so on.

In the window with the model's parts, in previous versions you could scroll
through this list with your arrow keys.  With the current version, using the
arrow keys at any time will move the current piece in the edit windows.  The
only way to go through this list is to click on each part with your mouse.

It would be a nice feature if you could step through a model, piece by piece,
with a keystroke or a button in the GUI or something.

Also, it would be a nice option to be able to hide the scrollbars in the edit
panes.  Or the same option could be used to denote the width of them, perhaps.
This would free up a lot of screen space for more useful things.

Is there a way to refresh the current model?  Not just the model in memory,
but to scan the file again and redraw it.

Sproaticus is big on rotation, but I'm big on sorting.  It'd be really nice,
I think, if you could sort your model's pieces by piece type, piece color, or
by x, y or z position.  I could give my text editor a rest then.

Do you plan on releasing the source code to MLCAD?  I'd love to play around
with it...

--
Matthew Julius                    o_o
                                 ( _ )