 CAD / Development / 3105
Re: Next MLCad Release
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 17:18:50 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Michael Lachmann writes:
Hy all MLCad-Fans

Since the discussion about the vertex things still is ongoing, I plan to do
the following now.

I'll release version 1.5 within the next days, this version will have a
landscape generator and a picture generator (don't ask what it is, just try
it, it's a surprice ;-) ). Also there are several bug-fixes which are
relevant for all people using the program (there was a rotation problem, and
a problem when saving a picture).

First a bit of 'fan mail':  Thanks beyond words, Michael!  As an old{er|ish}
<grin> AutoCAD/CASE tool user, I can appreciate the amount of work you've put
into your tool-set already.  I've found what are a -few- nits in it use (to me,
at least; nobody has produced a perfectly intuitive tool!) but the overall
tool-set is quite extraordinary!  Great work, and I thank you for it.

From now on, I though it would be better to discuss the next feature here in
this forum.

My suggestions for version 1.6 and above:
- Read Compatibility to LDLite
- Enhanced color requester (support for all possible colors)
- Some sort of explosion drawing mode (my idea was to show the parts which
are added in a step, around the model in a small frame, with an arrow
pointing from the part to the final position of this part, this would be a
step, so the next step would show the model with all parts placed on the
model).

So that this would be a 'visual' bill-of-materials explosion, then?  Even if
this only approximates the same sort of BOM that you're already providing in
text, I will find it to be extremely useful.

Tell me what you think!

Sounds excellent to this user.

Thank you again, sir.

Cheers,