 CAD / Development / 3100
Re: Next MLCad Release
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 06:28:29 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Michael Lachmann writes:
Hy all MLCad-Fans

Since the discussion about the vertex things still is ongoing, I plan to do
the following now.

I'll release version 1.5 within the next days, this version will have a
landscape generator and a picture generator (don't ask what it is, just try
it, it's a surprice ;-) ). Also there are several bug-fixes which are
relevant for all people using the program (there was a rotation problem, and
a problem when saving a picture).

Man, I _JUST_ downloaded 1.4 tonight.  Too cool and kudos for the quick and
continual updates.

From now on, I though it would be better to discuss the next feature here in
this forum.

My suggestions for version 1.6 and above:
- Read Compatibility to LDLite
- Enhanced color requester (support for all possible colors)
- Some sort of explosion drawing mode (my idea was to show the parts which
are added in a step, around the model in a small frame, with an arrow
pointing from the part to the final position of this part, this would be a
step, so the next step would show the model with all parts placed on the
model).

Tell me what you think!

How about the ability to save in LDraw format as well as MLCad format.  This
would really be cool for people who want to share their DAT files back and
forth with the LDraw crowd.  I would love to be able to post both formats of
files without having to use 2 programs to model a model.

My only problem with your program is that I have not had enough time to play
with it.

Mike Poindexter