 CAD / Development / 2619
Re: i admit i was wrong
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 17:46:40 GMT

Tim,

You need to fix that bug in your poster SW that is not referencing quite
correctly! :-) I keep having trouble finding your replies. Well, found
it so here I am.

To net it out, I agree with you, mostly, on this. (and I tend to think
of you and Bram as adults, BTW(1) )

The question is, is there anything salvagable? If there is (and it's not
my call, it's the cad.dev regulars, I'm just a gadfly), is the time and
effort likely to pay off? If the judgement is, "maybe" (and again, not
my call, it's the call of whoever volunteers to take on the
"babysitting") then I think drawing sets is more likely to be value add
to the community sooner than several other activities I can think of.
That's all I'm saying there. Based on your offline note to me I sort of
think you already agree.

1 - Mookie was making an age based distinction(2), I tend to go on
maturity level. Except when you were slamming me in the great "blue
windows" /"hoarding connections to TLG" flamefest, ( :-) ) I tend to
think of you as adult. Adultness is not a function of age, it's a
function of behaviour.

2 - valid and I know she agrees with me, she was just making a point
that we're all adults, or mostly adults, here on LUGNET. (3) You guys
count.

3 - for now. Going forward the mix will change according to Todd. We
need to work some of these mentoring/behaviour/monitoring things out now
before things get more hectic.