 CAD / Development / 2607
Re: Parts for LDraw or parts for POV-Ray?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 07:39:32 GMT

Bram Lambrecht wrote:
How do the library authors feel about this?  If I remember correctly,
Lars had a combined LGEO-L3P in mind originally, but Lutz was reluctant.
I have no idea how Anton or Paul feel.

I don't care, really. I'm still wondering why we needed those newfangled
L*P tools, anyways. :)  I've always been amused at how everyone who
creates a part library uses a totally wron^H^H^H^Hdifferent
coordinate system and names the pieces totally differently.

I have about half the L3G0 parts positioned the same way as LDRAW.
I gave up when TLG brought the hammer down on BriCad.

[1] There wasn't enough memory to L3P the 10,000 piece landscape, so I

10,000? Cool.  The most I did was a 3,000 piece model.  No trouble with
memory, even though it mapped into 890,000 primitives (that's what
rounded edges and raised logos will get ya).

-gyug