 CAD / Development / 2549
Re: i admit i was wrong
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 07:25:53 GMT

<Snip>

Tamy, I agree, and I think this is becoming a serious problem.  In fact, I
just learned from Joshua Delahunty tonight via a private email that he has
stopped reading this group because of Jonathan.  This is a quote -- with
permission:

  JD> [...]
  JD> It got really terrifically boring reading the same ol'
  JD> shtuff over and over again, anyway.  I'd say that Jonathan
  JD> Wilson was the last straw for me.  He pretty much completely
  JD> disinterested me in participating in the .cad.dev group, and
  JD> that was my mainstay for a long time. Now I just act as
  JD> consultant when Terry finishes an update.
  JD> [...]
  JD> He just reminds me of all the petty gimme-gimme, metoo-metoo
  JD> types out there in the world that the Internet (and RTL at times)
  JD> has attracted; people who expect it all, all for free, all right • now.
  JD> [...]

This really upset me when I read it.

Has anyone else left the group because of Jonathan Wilson's behavior?

Has anyone considered it?

--Todd

Yes, his messages somehow boring and generally no point to go. BUT, he
doesn't use any profanity, and made nothing against the black book. He even
tries to contribute some and recently climbs some necessary steps, too,
which shows an improvement on the way. If anyone considers leaving a group
just because of a boring and irritating  participant, it's his/her own
problem I think. There is many possibilities like killfile or just marking
anything from him as read. I don't think most of the people read everything
on the server, so just do as the same what you do for the messages that you
are not interested in.

Smelling bad and looking bad are not the same things. If someone smells bad,
you sure want him/her to go out and never come back without taking a bath,
since you can't make all the other people squeeze their noses. But if
somebody has a harmless but stupid and irritating clothes, just looking at
the other side is the way to go.

For the grammar of his messages, yes it is very irritating, too, but besides
the above also applies here, just think about the very near future of the
Lugnet when a flood of non-adults arrives here. I can't managed to see more
than a handful of teens using appropriate punctuation in their messages
(especially from US..:-).

just may 0.02 TL..:-) (too much less from 0.02 cents.)

Selçuk