 CAD / Development / 2548
Re: i admit i was wrong
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 07:24:44 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Jonathan Wilson <wilsonj@xoommail.com> writes:
I will do the following as of right now.
1. Stop asking for parts, help with parts, models, help with models and related
questions (e.g. is this part in ldraw questions).
2. Start using capital letters and checking the spelling of messages
3. Refrain from posting parts to the parts group until I have figured out what i
am doing wrong when it comes to my parts and unless I am 300% sure that the part
is correct.
4. Stop being a gimme gimme person and start contributing to things like the
Official Model Repository (I have a very good percentage of castle models ldrawn
waiting for the OMR to get off the ground and am ldrawing more all the time e.g.
i am about to start 6080 kings castle and others)
5. Start improving the quality of my parts (but you will admit that the parts
are better this time around than the first tome and that some of them are
actually ready or almost ready)
Having real lego helped immensely when making parts for this vote etc. etc.

Can I make a couple other constructive suggestions?--

6.  Think more, post less.

7.  Stop being rude and disrespectful to people.  Messages like these:

       http://www.lugnet.com/cad/?n=2320
       http://www.lugnet.com/cad/dev/?n=2520
       http://www.lugnet.com/starwars/?n=3213

    have the long-term cumulative effect of everyone either despising you or
    ignoring you, or eventually in everyone turning against you and formally
    asking you to leave the group or groups.

8.  Lose the negative attitude.  Messages like these:

       http://www.lugnet.com/cad/dev/org/ldraw/?n=439
       http://www.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/?n=321

    suggest that your heart isn't in this.

9.  Buy a couple actual LEGO sets.  Build with LEGO.  Play with LEGO.  Get
    on a Jambalaya list or something.  Expose yourself to a wider variety of
    parts.

10. Swear up and down never ever again model a LEGO piece (even a mock-up)
    without having it in hand.  Also, never cause anyone to believe (even
    accidentally through careless wording or ambiguitites) that you are
    modeling pieces blindly again.  Don't write confusing things which
    prompt steaming responses like these:

       http://www.lugnet.com/starwars/?n=3286
       http://www.lugnet.com/cad/dev/?n=2476

    where people misunderstand your intentions.  Be clear in each post, what
    you are talking about.

11. Learn to spell Terry's name (it has two r's, not one).

--Todd