 CAD / Development / 2547
Re: i admit i was wrong
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 06:12:32 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dev, Mookie <Mookie1@worldnet.att.net> writes:
Jonathan Wilson wrote:
i admit i was wrong in trying to do so many parts so fast.
i will take the groups suggestion that i work ion one part untill it is
really ready then start on the next one. the first part i will do is the
baseplate 32 x 32 raised with ramp.
then i will do the frame for the jail cell door folowed by the archery
target. i have fixed all the problems with the baseplate that i can
find.
[...]

[...]
Also don't bother with the Archery Target, we've already seen your last
attempt at it.. and I've already asked Tom Burger to do it and he's
agreed..
I'd rather have someone that takes pride in their parts do them then
someone who's looking for the easy way out...
[...]
People have asked you 1000 times to use proper typing skills... This is
the last time I'll hear it, because if your next message comes out the
same as the rest, I will killfile your posts so I don't have to
subjected to them.. and I'm sure others have already done this... Maybe
after you're talking to yourself for a while you'll get the idea....
(bangs head on the wall, it will probably do just as much good...)

Tamy, I agree, and I think this is becoming a serious problem.  In fact, I
just learned from Joshua Delahunty tonight via a private email that he has
stopped reading this group because of Jonathan.  This is a quote -- with
permission:

   JD> [...]
   JD> It got really terrifically boring reading the same ol'
   JD> shtuff over and over again, anyway.  I'd say that Jonathan
   JD> Wilson was the last straw for me.  He pretty much completely
   JD> disinterested me in participating in the .cad.dev group, and
   JD> that was my mainstay for a long time. Now I just act as
   JD> consultant when Terry finishes an update.
   JD> [...]
   JD> He just reminds me of all the petty gimme-gimme, metoo-metoo
   JD> types out there in the world that the Internet (and RTL at times)
   JD> has attracted; people who expect it all, all for free, all right now.
   JD> [...]

This really upset me when I read it.

Has anyone else left the group because of Jonathan Wilson's behavior?

Has anyone considered it?

--Todd

I will do the following as of right now.
1. Stop asking for parts, help with parts, models, help with models and related
questions (e.g. is this part in ldraw questions).
2. Start using capital letters and checking the spelling of messages
3. Refrain from posting parts to the parts group until I have figured out what i
am doing wrong when it comes to my parts and unless I am 300% sure that the part
is correct.
4. Stop being a gimme gimme person and start contributing to things like the
Official Model Repository (I have a very good percentage of castle models ldrawn
waiting for the OMR to get off the ground and am ldrawing more all the time e.g.
i am about to start 6080 kings castle and others)
5. Start improving the quality of my parts (but you will admit that the parts
are better this time around than the first tome and that some of them are
actually ready or almost ready)
Having real lego helped immensely when making parts for this vote etc. etc.