 CAD / Development / 2209
Re: can parts authors try to finish what they have started?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 13:10:09 GMT

At 06:52 AM 7/5/99 , Jonathan Wilson wrote:
can parts authors try to finish what they have started before they start
new parts?
i notice that the parts tracker lists lots of "in progress" parts and i
have others such as the tie fighter bracket that are not even listed!

I would agree with this myself.  I'm looking for a part to use desperately
in a model that someone has been planning on starting since the end of 1997.

one person in particular (i am not naming names but he made the starwars
laser cannon...)
is guilty of this.
i count about 12 parts currently in progress by this author...
he is not the only guilt one though. come on tore, where is the train
wheel rubber ring??? it is probobly only a 5 minute part... and the
oither train parts... the train wheel spoked. when are you going to
finish it and submit it for voting???

But I don't agree with this part of the message.  Please don't presume
others have infinite skills or time.  Maybe there was some unforseen
difficulty in the part.  You can't automatically assume that certain parts
authors are just being lazy.

But yes, there should be at least a time 'limit' before the part goes
available for other authors or something to ensure parts get created in a
timely manner.

-Tim <><

http://www.zacktron.com

AIM:   timcourtne
ICQ:   23951114

Give an airhead email and its the end of the world - three words: forwarded
chain letters.  Any questions?