 CAD / Development / 1832
Re: Discussion-Large Technic Shock 2909c01.dat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 22 May 1999 09:58:05 GMT

On Fri, 21 May 1999 09:18:16 GMT, "Adviesbureau Noord/Zuidlijn"
<nzlijn@euronet.nl> wrote:

I've worked out a small test DAT-file with the uncompressed spring and a
compressed spring using scaling next to each other. The DAT-file uses the
subfiles 2909c and 2909d included in the vote. In Ldraw, it doesn't look bad
at all.
I can't check POV, I don't have enough comp-power for high resolution.

If someone is interested, I can send the test DAT-file to him, just mail a
request to my personal e-mail address.

Greetings, M. Moolhuysen.

Why not post it to dat.parts?

-- Terry K --

O.K. I've finaly succeeded in posting COILTEST.DAT to the LUGNET.CAD.DAT.PARTS
group. So check it out there.

Greetings, M. Moolhuysen.

Cool.  OK, doing a 640x480 rendering now....
While we're all virtually waiting, I'd like to know how long it took you to
create the dat file, and your assesment of the difficulty of doing so.

It does look pretty good in LDlite, which is a plus.
OK, done.  First, I must say that the uncompressed spring shows some obvious
imperfections.   The coils are noticeably "V" shaped on the outer side. And the
tight section at the bottom appears as multiple flat faces.  <sigh>

The compressed version looks about the way I would expect.  Not terrible, but
the cross-section limitations seen in the uncompressed version are aggravated
by the the scaling.  Makes the coil appear very flat.

Now, tossing this up to a temp directory on Hugin.... (semi-real time
operations - what fun!)
tick... tick.... ding!
http://hugin.ldraw.org/JJ_Memorial/hose/coils-test.jpg

Thanks, Manfred,