 CAD / Development / 1378
Re: LDraw part library structure
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 07:42:03 GMT

On Thu, 15 Apr 1999 03:11:25 GMT, Joshua Delahunty
<dulcaoin@alumni.cse.ucsc.edu> wrote:

Terry K wrote:

But seriously, I would like to express my thanks to Joshua Delahunty for all
his brainstorming and hard work on formulating these standards. His ideas for
using underscore categories and the xxxxCyy formatting for composites was
pivotal.   Although initially, I had my doubts.

Initially, ha!  (I had to hit him with a wiffle bat repeatedly, folks)
<g>

I'm getting a mental image here... I'm holding Terry by the shoulders, and
Joshua's using the bat.  Seriously, Terry worked very hard to make this
arrangement/agreement come about.  I'm looking forward to seeing the
results in up-coming parts updates.

And I would also like to thank Steve Bliss for his opinions and inputs through
all this.   Steve and Joshua were pretty much at polar opposites on just about
every subject in this debate.  But somehow we all managed to finally give a
little here and there and compromise out a solution.  Pretty tough going at
times, with me in the middle, vacillating between sides.

Steve was very tough, and we each made the other think very hard about
this.  I'm glad he was there to balance the issues.  It was really his
stance on visible part elements that pushed me to produce the rather
elegant (and orthogonal) xxxxCxx solution.

The players in this game (so to speak) balanced out very well.  A certain
amount of mutual respect certainly helped.

Steve