 CAD / Development / 1176
Re: Dimensions of the parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 17:14:33 GMT

Leonardo Zide skrev i meddelandet
<3711E2FA.17EB08D@centroin.com.br>...
Hi,

I've been trying to add collision detection to LeoCAD but I'm stuck
with a problem and would like to know if anyone has a good solution.
Take for example 2 1x1 bricks and position them side by side, they
will always be touching each other because their sizes are rounded up
(they should be about 0.01 cm less). Can anyone think of a solution • to
this ? Just don't tell me to resize all parts by hand. :)

Leonardo

- Scale the piece dimensions by 0.9 or something like that for
  comparisons - remember to use a _central_ point as origin
  for the scaling (hmm, sounds like heavy work...)

- Easier: Scale the positions with 1.01 before doing the
  comparison. Should be feasible, and not too much math.
  No need for modified origins either.

- Just don't include equality (=) in your collision test! (?)
  BTW, what is the minimum increment you can move/turn a piece?

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery.htm