 CAD / Development / 1179
Re: Dimensions of the parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 20:38:13 GMT

Sproaticus skrev i meddelandet <371256D6.4EEC8895@geocities.com>...
Anders Isaksson wrote:
- Scale the piece dimensions by 0.9 or something like that for
  comparisons - remember to use a _central_ point as origin
  for the scaling (hmm, sounds like heavy work...)
- Easier: Scale the positions with 1.01 before doing the
  comparison. Should be feasible, and not too much math.
  No need for modified origins either.

These only work for convex pieces.

Yup, you caught me there... I'm mostly thinking in the BlockCAD
universe, where the pieces _must_ be convex.

Consider also a 1x1 brick on top of a 1x16 brick.  If the 1x1 is • located on
the end of the 1x16, well...  Same effect.

But I should have thought of this anyhow :-(

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery.htm