 CAD / Development / 10595
  Re: Inline POV code in official parts?

(...) More than three years have passed, the only thing that has happened is that the SteerCo and/or the Standard Committee has decided not to allow EmbPOV in the official Parts folder. A vauge discussion on creting yet another folder for Ldraw POV (...) (17 years ago, 1-May-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Inline POV code in official parts?

Why not make official POV-Ray Lego bricks and skip the whole LDraw to POV-Ray conversion? Use the same names, scale, and coordinates and all you need is a small script to convert the LDraw lines into POV- Ray lines using the same translations. Or (...) (17 years ago, 1-May-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Inline POV code in official parts?

(...) It doesn't really gain you much if you are just converting the LDraw parts directly - l3p does that just fine, and fairly fast. The only advantage of a POV-ray library is when you start adding POV-ray specific stuff, eg: replace the curve (...) (17 years ago, 1-May-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Inline POV code in official parts?

(...) The LDraw POV project ((URL) was created with the intention of someday becoming the de-facto, if not the actual, official LDraw compatible POV repository. I'll admit that it has languished for sometime (it's been almost 4 years sine I (...) (17 years ago, 2-May-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Inline POV code in official parts?

(...) Well, maybe others don't care about visible polys when it should be smooth, but it makes all the difference in the world to me. (...) Well, yeah. But that is better than everyone inventing their own POV- Ray code to make their own parts. How (...) (17 years ago, 2-May-07, to lugnet.cad.dev)