 CAD / Development / 10140
Re: Sorting by line
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2005 23:01:25 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Orion Pobursky wrote:
Should this be a dialog that pops up when sorting in initiated, in the program
options, or something else?

The current method I'm using moves all type 0 lines to the top.  Should I simply
delete them instead?

Also, what about sort order?  Should I have 3 commands (Sort by X, Sort by Y,
Sort by Z) or something else?

It's hard to say what would be best.  I personally think that having a dialog
with all the sort options along with a quick way to apply the most recently used
sort options might be the most flexible.

That way, people who use the feature frequently with the same settings could
skip the dialog, but new users would have an easy-to-use dialog to allow them to
select exactly what they want.

--Travis