 CAD / Development / 10137
Re: Sorting by line
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2005 19:10:58 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Travis Cobbs wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Orion Pobursky wrote:
I'm implementing sorting in LDDP.  Here's my question:

Say I'm sorting by position using Y.  When sorting linetypes 2-5 should I take
the maximum Y, the minimum Y, the Y value of center of the triangle/quad/line,
or something else entirely?

I would tend to lean toward the centroid, but perhaps it would be best to be
user configurable.

centroid was my first thought but leave it to the user would be better

w.