 CAD / Development / 10058
10057  |  10059
Subject:
Anatomy of a POV file (e.g. L3P suggestions)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 21:19:39 GMT

Here are the basic components of a POV file, as it is generated by default by
L3P.

Materials
        Color declarations
        Stud-tops
        Finishes
Render-Detail Options
        Qual
        SW
        Bumps
        etc.
Scene-Level Objects
        Camera
        Lights
        Floor
        Background
Parts & Primitives
Models
        Sub-Models

It would be nice if L3P could split any/all of the top-level categories (as well
as sub-models) into separate *.inc files, instead of having them all in the
*.pov file. I read that you are going to implement some of what I'm suggesting
in the next release.

-Michael